Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My accomodation was a little less spectacular and only 300 years old. I had planned to cross the Sologne in 3 days but it was mercifully flat and as I sped on on Monday night i started to get a bit worried about finding any accommodation. every bit of lad is owned...Property Privee and I did not fancy ssetting up tent near some mosquitoe infested swamp. It was tres hot so when I saw the 3 star "Croix Blanc de Chaumont Sur Thaonne" My heart leapt. Il fait tres Chaud and i was melting and not smelling very nice. I dont think any one had stayed in this hotel for 300 years. It was very old with musty old furniture The proprietor was obviously used to better times. He had lots of pictures of himself with groups and jazz pianists on the wall . When I asked for a room he looked at his book carefully considering but I'm sure I was the only gues tin the hotel. It was nice to have real lined and 2 pillows..but the window appeared to be painted shut. I got outside for some air and checked out the local architaceture which this house was representative of.

No comments: