Thursday, June 11, 2009

Walton to York


Under glowering skies AGAIN I set off north to Leeds. This is a lovely and flat part of the TPT along canals and there were several marinas for the narrow boats that seemd well patronized. I came in thru the industrial backyard of Leeds and discovered that there as been a whole developement of new and renewed apartments form wharehouses and an enormous basin with a huge longboat marina. One can sell the family home, move in to an apartment and have ones longboat moored outside. i didn't tarry in Leeds but found the station, booked a train to Leeds and and lunch whilst listening to a repeated recording telling me that he station was regularly patrolled by security and monitored by camera , then watched the police arrest an young man. I was glad that I didn't stay. Train to York with chats to travelling cyclist back fro France and interested commuter.

No comments: